Sunday, March 21, 2010

Life lessons -I do it so you don't have to...

When you burn yourself if it is helpful to rub a little peppermint oil on the burn. It cools the burn, and then follow it with lavender oil and the burn heals super fast!


When you are cooking bacon for a yummy spinach salad and the bacon grease pops up and hits you right in the eyelid and it burns you do not let the searing pain cloud your judgement. It is NOT helpful to rub a little peppermint oil on the burn! It does cool the burn, but the burn it causes in your actual eye is much worse than the original burn! Neither will blister though.

I know, you thought that people as dumb as me were just a myth made up to make you feel better about yourself. Nope, we really are out there- wandering around like normal people. Makes you a little nervous doesn't it? (And holy cow, I need to pluck my eyebrows! I'll get right on that as soon as I get vision back in my right eye...)
So sad. You can see the redness of the burn in the middle of my upper lid. That's because I didn't follow up with the lavender.:) One thing that does make me happy is that thanks to Mary Kay my eye makeup made it through with little damage at all. And I am so happy because I was rocking a fabulous daytime-smokey eye that day and it would have been a shame to mess that up! The secret is to dab, not wipe. See, this post is just packed full of useful information. Lucky you!:)

1 comment:

  1. Kathy @ Kathy's Thoughts and AdventuresMarch 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM

    So sorry about your burned eyelid. I must say you still have the prettiest blue eyes ever. That is a Fuller trait for sure.

    ReplyDelete