Saturday, February 13, 2010
Valentines day is for lovers.
Friday we were driving in Logan and saw a man holding up a sign that said "will work for food" Ethan read it out loud to us, and we wondered why he had that sign. We figured that he was hungry, and the kids wondered why no one else had given him food. I answered that sometimes people don't have any extra to give, and sometimes people just don't want to take the time to help. Appalled, Adia said, "well don't they know it's almost Valentine's Day?" I asked what that had to do with anything, and she answered that it's the day when we love people. And Jesus said love everyone. (They sang the primary song to prove it) I was really touched that they took a holiday that is mostly about chocolate and flowers and brought out a side of it that is truly beautiful. They teach me so much every day, I am so lucky to have them. So we went and bought some food to give to the guy... but by the time we got back he wasn't there anymore. The kids were devastated. They were so worried about him, where was he, is he still hungry, how are we going to find him? They were nearly in tears worrying about the "hungry guy" so I told them that someone else had come and given him food, so he went home. That worked, and I pray it's true... Hey, you can't get a perfect ending every time. But I did learn a good lesson, about the true meaning of love. Aren't I lucky to have such great kids?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are lucky to have great kids.
ReplyDeleteMaybe the guy was there so you could learn a lesson.... and you learned it.... You know Heavenly Father is awesome in the things He does for us to learn.