Monday, February 15, 2010

It's a holiday, ya know?

Adia asked Ethan why he wasn't going to school today and he said it was a holiday. She asked if it was Valentines day again. He answered, "No, it's the dead president's birthday."
"Oh yeah, I remember now, it's the guy with the curly hair, and the guy that kind of looks like dad but with a hairy face (I'm thinking Lincoln?) but I didn't know they were dead"
"Yeah", Ethan answered. "They got shot in the head. That's what happens after you're done being president."
Yikes, who wants to be president now? (And who teaches History at Ethan's school?)
So happy Dead President's Birthday everyone, I hope you celebrate in an explosive way.

2 comments:

  1. The things kids come up with..I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we don't get too explosive. I mean, let's not celebrate like Lincoln or anything. . . ;)

    ReplyDelete