Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Ahhh, peace at last!
The kids wanted to play hide and seek tonight. That is an outside game at our house. I heard them talking about it, and I was just about ready to put a stop to it when they started arguing about who would hide and who would seek. Adia insisted that it was her turn to hide because "Ladies First" but Ethan said it was his turn to hide because his eyes are browner (much browner in fact since hers are blue - Not sure why that matters, but it seemed like a legitimate reason to both of them.) Finally Adia said "Well I'm just going t o go down stairs and wait for you to find me!" Ethan said he was just going to hide UPstairs and wait for HER to find HIM. Both hid. Adia is totally stubborn, so I knew she would win out. Ethan has a VERY short attention span so I didn't think he would wait it out for long. Ethan fell asleep in the bathtub while hiding, and Adia just hid and waited, so for about 20 minutes the house was peaceful and quiet. I vote we play that game more often!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My kids are stubborn, but when it coems to hide and seek it is the opposite. They hide for one second before laughing or jumping out of their spots:)
ReplyDeleteThat is the best story and I can totally picture it happening. IF only they had had Michael to find them while they both hid. Give them both a big squeeze from aunt Cassie
ReplyDeleteI love reading about your family, it makes mine feel normal. Keep that beautiful smile on your face.
ReplyDelete