Monday, January 11, 2010
More Traditions
As I mentioned in my last post we made doughnuts on the day after Christmas. This is a tradition we have done every year for... well probably my whole life, I never remember NOT doing it. For neighbor gifts each year my mom makes up a HUGE batch of doughnuts, I'm not kidding, it makes hundreds. She fries them up and while they are still finger burning hot we dip them in glaze and decorate them. Since we moved away I have missed out on helping her, and they are the best right when they are warm, so she can't really send them to me. I mentioned this to my mom on the phone one day in December, so as a special treat she did a re-do just for me:) (The only problem is that she usually makes enough for the whole town, and this time there was just our little family to eat them all... Hmmm I wonder why it feels like I gained 10 pounds over the holiday?...)

The holes are the very best. They are just the right size. Bobbi and I requested to have mostly these - this way you can try a whole bunch of different combinations of toppings and not have to eat 29 doughnuts- see, we're health conscious:) Unfortunately, they are really hard for my poor mom to make because the little suckers flip over so easily that it's hard to cook them evenly on both sides. Sorry Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow!!! Those look awesome!!!
ReplyDeletethanks for posting the pictures of your time with your parents. It makes me miss them more than I already do. How I love Christmas' in LaSal. So very fun!!
ReplyDelete