Friday, January 15, 2010

Photos for Ethan's Big Day

Ethan has a special day coming up. (Actually it's Adia's special day too, they both have their birthday on January 29th, but Ethan's birthday is a significant one) He will be eight years old, and has chosen to be baptised a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. In honor of that we wanted to have a special photo shoot of him in his new suit. It turned out really good. At first he was cold and wouldn't smile or even look at me, but then I mentioned that we were staying outside and I was going to snap pictures until I got a good shot, and he knew all too well that I wasn't kidding, so he decided to cooperate. He even started to enjoy himself, I think, though he will never admit it. So here are a few of the shots I love.







Adia reminded us that it was her special day too, so we had to get a couple of shots of her too. She thought it was fun for about two seconds, and then she decided that it was much better waiting in the car with the heater on with Dad. (Big Wimps!)

I totally love this one. It's my favorite one of the day. He's finally letting his real smile start to peek out. He has the most AMAZING smile with these fantastic dimples, but every time a camera comes out the real Ethan smile disappears. Funny kid!








And this is the final product. I love the way it turned out. Adia likes that her picture is on it, and Ethan is just excited to be getting baptised. (Seriously, he invites every person he sees, all of his friends, the mailman, people we meet at the park... everyone)

5 comments:

  1. The pics look great! He looks so grown up---you must be an old lady or something:) I still have 2 years before that big day, then I will cry because she is growing up so fast:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that Ethan is going to be 8 already! Wow where did the time go? How are mom and dad feeling about it? The pictures you took look really great! You did such a good job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos. After we left your house and got our invite, I asked Brad... Do you think we could drive to La Sal for the big day? We talked about it but never made a decision..... It all depends on finances and travel. You know how that goes! We will chat later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't beleive you have an 8 year old. The invitation is awesome. THe pictures turned out so awesome. Totally like a future missionary :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such an amazing talent Katie. I cant believe how big Ethan is getting. Please give him a big hug from us and Congrats too. :)

    ReplyDelete