Friday, September 25, 2009
I Love Fall
It's true. I love the smells and the colors, and the nip in the air. I love cleaning the windows and the yard in preparation for cold weather. I especially love the food of fall. I love canning, and soups and breads, and apple cider. I love the way cooking it makes your house smell delicious. I love the look of happiness on your family's faces when they take a bite of a special dinner you worked hard to make. I love being able to use my crock pot! This week in celebration of it officially being fall I cleaned out my garden, left my windows cracked at night and woke up with a chill in the house that required me to break out the house slippers. I made my favorite potato soup, made yummy wheat bread, canned raspberry-pear jam, and made soft ginger-snap cookies (Thanks for the recipe Joanna, they were SOOO GOOD) So here is my point: What are your favorite things about fall? What are your favorite fall recipes? Is there anything that you cook, and then you know fall has finally arrived? Share with me, I would love to try out new things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
James and i love fall as well..so of the things we love are the leaves changing colors, the crispness of the air,our anniversary, warm hoodies and blankets to cuddle up with, the smell of apple cider and pumpkin spice, etc. Oh James wants me to put Halloween.:)I have a really yummy recipe that I'll have to e-mail you. :)
ReplyDeleteWe were down in Brigham City visiting my dad and Kathy and enjoyed going up by Mantua and checking out the changing leaves. When I make pumpkin bread I know that fall is here.
ReplyDelete