Wednesday, January 28, 2009

To Adia on Your 4th Birthday...


Happy birthday pretty lady! I am excited that you are four. You are growing like crazy. I can hardly believe that this grown up little girl is my baby. I remember the first time we met. You were three months old. The social worker brought you out and handed you to Daddy, and my heart was yours. You were so beautiful. You had pretty blue eyes, and the biggest smile I had ever seen. I couldn't wait to hold you and love on you. The whole ride home from California I kept peeking back at you in your seat. Every time you saw me you would smile so big, and it would make me cry tears of joy. I still do that sometimes. I will see what a beautiful girl you are and it makes me so happy I cry. Life with you has been a wild one. You keep us on our toes. You have never been one to sit still and let life go on around you. You have to be in the thick of it always. It keeps things interesting around here, and I love every second of it. So now on to your Birthday List.






FOUR Reasons Mom LOVES Adia!






1. You have a beautiful heart. You are always worried about other people. You want to make everyone happy, and be sure that everyone is taken care of. You don't want to see anyone hurting or going without, and it melts my heart to see you share things that you love with people who need or want them. You are very selfless.






2. You are the best sister EVER! You take such good care of Ethan, and help him when he struggles. You always stand up for him. You share things with him, and when he is hurting, you hurt with him. You are and always have been his protector, and I think you were sent here partially just to be his sister.






3. You have a personality all your own. In fact, it's hard to believe that a personality that big can fit into a body that tiny. You do what you want, and say what you want, and no one can change your mind. You know who you are, and you are proud of that person. You never give up. You make things happen, and Heaven help the person who tries to get in your way.










4. Your laugh is contagious. You have the best laugh I have ever heard. It is so sweet that it makes everyone around you laugh too, whether there is anything funny or not. And you use that laugh all the time. You always look on the bright side of things and help us all see the happiness all around us. Even on the darkest of days you can make me happy. (And I love that you are learning to tell jokes lately. Even when your jokes don't make much sense, I laugh SO HARD just because I love to see you get such a kick out of yourself. It makes me giggle when you sigh and say "I am so stinkin' funny!")





So that's the list this year. I love you so much and am grateful for the four wonderful years I have been able to be your mom. What a great gift you have given me! Have a happy day, and never stop being you.

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Adia hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy @ Kathy's Thoughts and AdventuresJanuary 29, 2009 at 10:37 AM

    Happy Birthday my sweet Adia. Aunt Kathy loves you very much. When I woke this morning I thought of you and was hoping that your day would be very special. You have brought so much happiness to our lives and we are so glad that you chose us to be your family. I hope that every day is special for you.
    Love,
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ethan and Adia!! How lucky you are to have the same birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Levi and Cassie Mallory FamilyJanuary 29, 2009 at 6:33 PM

    Happy Birthday Adia!!!! Love Levi, Cassie, Michael, and Baby

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was beautiful comment to Adia. Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete