Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

I know, it's been the new year for 6 days now, I just didn't get around to posting about our New Years-Rockin' Eve, until now. We stayed home and our good friends, Jeremy, Stacy, Parker, and Payton came all the way from their house ( I won't tell you where that is, but trust me, it took some drivin') just to ring in the new year with us. Actually they came up for a wedding, but they did come up a couple of days early, so I am going to pretend that it was so they could spend time with us.:) Anyway, we were going to go to temple square and meet them and look at the lights. (we did that last year around Christmas, and drug our kids all over the place until they were worn out, frozen solid, and almost in tears, and then we took a ride in one of the horse drawn carriages.-they have a nice warm heater, and blankets, it was a blast! We were going to make a tradition out of it, but didn't get around to it again this year.) But they got rear-ended by someone who couldn't speak English, and didn't have a driver's license, so once they got out of that they decided to just come to our house and have a quiet(HA HA) relaxing evening. We did have fun, even though we didn't do much. We ordered food, and had some crazy experiences with the people at the Chinese Restaurant. Then we ate and watched movies until New Years, I woke everyone up and sent them to bed, then I went down and tried to get the kids to sleep. Finally at 4:00AM after a lot of threatening, they went to bed, and so did I...Until 7 AM when everyone was up again for the day. The boys went shopping, and the girls did some photography stuff, and then we all met up for lunch at the Soloman Center, a place in Ogden that does fun things like sky diving and surfing simulations, and has a fun arcade. We played there for WAY TOO LONG, until Ethan and I both had an over-stimulation melt down, and then we went home. Stacy and I got lost looking for a craft store, on the way, and finally ended up at home where the guys had put the kids to BED, it was only 4:30 in the afternoon. Of course they were up by nine and ready to play. It didn't bother Stacy and I too much though. We were out on the town getting lost in Ogden again, and then in Clinton when the GPS Lady kept changing her mind and telling us to do things like go South 175 more miles, and make a U turn on a one way street. We did finally find what we were looking for both times though, and ended up getting some beautiful photos printed of a lovely bride, and took a moonlit tour of Clinton(The store we were going to was closed by the time we got there, so really that's all we got out of the trip). It was great. We came back home and most of us were in bed by 1:00, so it was considerably better than the night before. It might not sound like it, but we did have a really great time. Thanks, Mallory Family, for coming to visit (Too bad Levi and Cassie are bums and flaked out on us at the last minute:)

No comments:

Post a Comment