Adia has wanted her ears
pierced for a long time now. We talk about it a lot, and always decide that next time we are home we will get Aunt Bobbi to do it for us. We never have. We decided that this trip was the one, we were finally going to do it. Again I tell her that it is going to hurt. Aunt Bobbi has a little gun and is going to shoot it through her ear. It will make a hole, it will hurt. I figure after all the times I tell her it is going to hurt, and make it sound as scary as possible, and she still wants to do it, she must be ready. We set up an appointment with Aunt Bobbi. We go to her shop. I explain the gun thing again. Bobbi explains that it is going to hurt. She still wants it, so I get out the camera. (Hey, I'm not going to let an event like this go undocumented)

First they have to smile for the camera.

Next they have to be crazy for the camera (Two peas in a pod, these girls are!)

She chooses the magic pair of
earrings that she will wear for nearly a month. She decides on gold with a red stone in the middle.

Bobbi cleans her up and shoots the first one through.

First one done... not as fun as we thought it would be. NOW she chooses to listen to me, and the blah, blah, blah, I have been shooting at her is suddenly registering and words like "hurt, gun, shoot, hole in ears, HURT" are starting to actually mean something.
Slight break in the documenting as I am needed
elsewhere. Ethan hugs her and cries with her as Daddy and I and our Super Brave (and Strong) Uncle Jim hold her down so Aunt Bobbi can do the other side.

Now it's over. Not sure who is hurting the most,
Adia, or Aunt Bobbi.


Poor Aunt Bobbi is forced to just on the Trampoline for 30 minutes in the freezing cold in order to make
Adia feel better about things. Thanks Aunt Bobbi, you are the best!
Congrats to Adia! We were going to tell you guys about the baby soon. We just barely told our families at Christmas. Really I'm surprised Levi didn't spill the beans to you already. He is a terrible secret keeper and he has been having a really hard time not telling people. he wasn't even allowed to talk to his dad or jeremy in the month we were trying to keep it a secret because he blabbed to Tiffany the first time he talked to her. Maybe he played it safe and didn't call you for the month either.
ReplyDelete