So, I realize that I haven't been great at blogging lately (nor have I been great at returning e-mails or phone messages either- Sorry.) I have just had a crazy schedule for the last two weeks. I have no promises that things are going to slow down, but I do promise to get better at keeping my head above water. So now on to the things that have been keeping me busy...
First (not time-wise, but importance-wise) Troy is working out of town now. This is his first week in St. George, and we spent all weekend getting him all set up to live on his own. He will bet there for about three months (If it doesn't turn out like the Wyoming job. Luckily, this time he doesn't have to worry about the plumbers, so hopefully it will turn out better.) He is going to be there Monday-Thursday, and then be home Friday-Sunday. We are already missing him, but work is work, and in this economy he has to take what he can get.
In other news, I have been back on the daycare scene since the new year. I don't really want to be, but I can't say no to anyone, so I am now watching two kids. One is a baby boy who comes every day while his mom is going to beauty school. Adia introduces him to everyone as "my new brother Herman" I have to quickly correct her that he is actually our "new FRIEND, Keenan" so that no one gets the wrong idea. The other is a little girl who is Adia's age, and she comes two days a week. It gets wild around here sometimes, but we are hanging on. We'll see how long I can handle it.
Ethan has done really well in school since is started again, and last week at PTC his teacher RAVED about him. We are really proud of him.
Adia is back in Dance class after the holiday, and is loving it again. She is also being the assistant babysitter, and was a huge help until she experienced her first dirty diaper, and now when I ask for her to bring me a diaper or something she honestly says "Mom, I don't think that's going to happen." I can't really blame her, If I had a choice I wouldn't go there either.
We also went to a party at a friend's house last week and had a blast. We played the game "Curses". Have you played this game? I LOVE IT! We had so much fun, it was a crack up! It's one of those where you laugh until you wet your pants. I totally need to buy this game.
Now I will leave you with one of those I-said-something-I-regret-and-now-my-kids-are-driving-me-crazy-with-it stories. We were watching TV and one of those hot pockets commercials came on. At the end it has a little jingle (if you can call it that) that says "hot pockets" to a little tune. Anyway, every time Ethan sees that commercial the jingle gets stuck in his head. So Adia was putting on "makeup" and she kept asking Ethan if she looked "fabulous". Every time she did he would say "Hot Pockets". It made her really mad, and in order to stop the fighting I told her that when someone calls you hot it means that they are saying you are beautiful. She liked that, and soon the fight was over, but then a little later when I changed my clothes she said "oooh Mom, you have hot pockets!" It was kinda cute, but then Troy came in and I told him about it, and teasingly he patted my back pockets and said "Hot pockets is right!" Well of course Adia and Ethan saw that, so now they are running around slapping people's hineys and saying "hot pockets" all the time. (Well, that's actually a stretch, they haven't done it to anyone other than our little family, but each time we go into public I literally hold my breath knowing that at any moment I could hear those dreaded words, and someone might decide to take us to court.)
I think it is great that you are watching kids! How fun for you! AND that story about Hot Pockets had me rolling! I'm sorry Troy is in St. George. It is a long drive! But like you said, it is work! We need to get together again!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry Troy is gone. I know how that is--only I don't have the kids anymore.
ReplyDeleteYour Hot Pockets story made me laugh so darn hard, When I'm in my room reading your blog and Dan can hear me laugh so darn hard he says, your reading Katie's stories again. Well YEP that's not a hard one to figure out
Miss ya
Love the new background! If Troy needs any company Jer is avaliable. I love the Hot Pockets story too cute.
ReplyDeleteLove Ya,
Stacy
"Hot Pockets" huh? Sounds like another thing you might ba able to add to your "list". :)
ReplyDelete