Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!







And I have the sticker and clear conscience to prove it! I have had a hard time with this election, as I don't really like either of the candidates. I actually agree with one on more things than the other, but the things that I disagree with him on are the deal breakers, so eventually that is what made my choice. And while I hated having to make such a tough decision, I love, love, love the fact that it was my decision to make. I am so lucky to live in this country and have the right to play a part, no matter how little it is, in the decision of who will be our leader. I am so blessed that as a woman I am given the same rights as a man, and am blessed that there were women who were willing to fight so that I could have that right. I also feel very lucky that our government is set up in such a way that no ONE person has ALL power. All in all, I am feeling like a pretty lucky lady today, and would like to remind/encourage everyone who has the opportunity to do so to please go vote.

1 comment:

  1. I voted through the mail this year and didn't get any cool sticker. You are so LUCKY:) I feel the same way about the candidates, and hope that whoever our new president is I will continue to pray hard for them to be guided.

    ReplyDelete