This is a fun thing that a LOT of my blogging friends are doing, and I thought, "Hey, I'm a follower, why not?" :)
So here's how it works...
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
So there you have it! Post away!Oh,and if you don't "know" me well enough to have a memory, feel free to use anything you've read here. A favorite post you've read, etc. that way everyone can play!
I have a lot of memories with you Katie, but one that always sticks with me is the time that I stayed with your family while my parents went to Idaho to look at a job. I remember that we had such a great time together and I kept thinking that my life would be over if I had to move again. I remember the day my parents were coming home and all I could remember was knowing that my parents had liked what they seen and we were going to move. Well I was right and we moved shortly after. I always think about how much fun we had during that short time and wishing it would never end. We were only gone for 2 years, but I felt like we had lost some of our connection when we got back. Thanks for being such a great friend.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you remember me Katie, but I'm Audre. Elinor Robinson's cousin. And one of my favorite memories of you was when your 8th grade class went to Catalina Island and Disneyland. And we were on the ferry crossing over to Catalina Island and it was so cold. I think that a bunch of girls all covered under Ellie's quilt that she just had made.
ReplyDeleteThat was a great trip.
I have so many great memories with you Katie and I feel like our friendship has gone through a lot of ups and downs. I am really very grateful that we are such good friends still. so the first memory that poped into my head is the one I'll use. :p It's the one of when we went to St. George just the two of us after I had twisted my ankle and we stayed at Bobbi's house. I feel that that was a time that you and I were able to get to know each other better...and singing crazy songs at the top of our lungs. :)
ReplyDeleteYour house was the very first place where I really got to have a sleep over. We were watching movies, and I was trying to "bleep" the swear words by saying the word before it and then beep, but I ended up swearing on accident, TWICE because of double swear words. Those were fun times.
ReplyDeleteOh this is hard, but the one I remember off the top of my head is playing in your house while your dad was building it. I had just gotten the "Lion King" sound track and we played that thing until we had every song memorized and a dance made up for each as well.
ReplyDeleteWe have known each other so long that there is no way to name even a small amount of memories, but I can't ever forget our drunk on water days and the many parties we all threw in La Sal. Love ya.
It's not a very specific memory, but I remember in 4th grade I use to hang out with you and my sister during recess because, frankly, I didn't have any friends. Thanks for being there!
ReplyDeleteOne of my good memories of you was when we were laying our sod and I was FILTHY. Troy came to help and then you showed up a few minutes later asking if I wanted to go to a play - right away. I took the worlds fastest shower and got to enjoy the play with you. I think it was "Forever Plaid". I loved it because we chatted and it seemed like we had so much in common (wanting kids, considering adoption, etc), and I was relieved that maybe we would actually make friends in Cedar City :)
ReplyDeleteNow if you guys would just move your butts back down here.....