Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Emergency!?!


Last night I got home from my Young Women's Post Camp Party, Still in my Camp "Uniform" (Crazy hair, makeup, and clothes, from reenacting our military based wacky camp skit) to find the door to our house wide open. The screen was closed, so I figured the family must all be outside playing. I checked the backyard, no one, then I looked down the street to see if they might be visiting neighbors. I looked down stairs where I could hear the TV blaring- no one. I was starting to panic! As I headed upstairs, calling for someone to answer me, I looked out the window and noticed that the truck was gone. I also noticed that the stairs, living room and kitchen looked like a bomb blew off. I was beginning to wonder if we might have been burglarized, and then my thoughts running away with me, wondering if the burglars might still be in the house somewhere. I was running the headlines in my head, about a woman thought to be mentally deranged judging by her appearance found dead in her home. Police suspected foul play, (or a busy irresponsible father of two) because of the state of the home when found. Then I noticed our white board. Hastily sprawled across it was this: "took Adia to hospital. Come ASAP!" As I rushed out of the house, wacked-out side ponytail, and dog tags, jangling as I ran, I tried calling Troy - no answer. Luckily for me the hospital is about a half mile away, so it only took me a few minutes to get there. I Rushed in and asked where my baby was. The nurse at the desk did her best to keep from laughing as she escorted me to the small curtained off room. Adia had been stung by a bee near the eye, and it has swollen closed. Troy couldn't get a hold of me (the party was up the canyon, and I didn't have cell service. ("Can you hear me now?"-my fat eye...) Not knowing what else to do he rushed her to the hospital. From the moment I walked in I could tell she was going to be fine. She was sitting up eating a Popsicle (That no doubt will cost us five hundred dollars-it better have been good!) and telling the nurse about her four-wheeling adventure the last time she visited her Grandma Helen. She was talking and talking and she had every nurse and doctor wrapped around her finger. They kept coming in to check on her and give her and Ethan suckers and stickers. They were very nice, but I couldn't help wondering if we really needed four nurses at a time sitting in our room listening to Adia talk about EVERYTHING under the sun. We had to stay there for about an hour before the Benadryl started working, the swelling started to go down, and they decided she was safe to go home. Here is a picture of her taken this morning. ( I tried to take one last night when we got home but she "Wasn't up for pictures at the moment" Who taught her to talk? I aught to strangle them...) By this morning after a good sleep and a couple of doses of Benadryl the swelling is way down and she doesn't even look much different. She is giving a sad face for effect, but she is really doing fine. All I can say is thank goodness she is fine, and thank goodness for insurance!

2 comments: