Our town has a great fireworks show every year at one of the parks, and last night we went to it. We had so much fun! They set the show to music, and you really get into it. It was a great adventure for the kids. We took blankets and drinks and
laid on the grass. The kids played on the playground with about a hundred other kids until it got dark, and then the show began. When it was over and we had hiked back home (it wasn't too far, and it was easier than fighting the traffic once the whole thing was over) we set off fireworks in our yard. Two other families were doing the same thing, so we each took turns setting them off and all the kids got to enjoy three times the show. It is so fun to live in such a fun little neighborhood! After that was all over (around 12:30am) we went back into the motor home and continued our "
staycation" with a movie, popcorn, and
ice cream. ( the "
staycation" trend really isn't so bad. You get the "away from it all" feeling, and don't actually have to be away from it all. Spoken like a true home-body, I know.:)It was about 2:30 before we got to bed, but the kids slept in until 9 this morning, so it was totally worth it! Anyway, it was a pretty fun holiday, and I thought I would share a few pictures.






Blogger is doing something strange to the layout today that I can't figure out, so just pretend that the craziness is an artistic expression:) The young lady you might not recognize is our new friend K*. We inherited her from the playground before the show started, and she stayed with us for the rest of the evening. She shared our snacks and blankets, and insisted on being in every picture. She sure brought out the silliness in our kids! She was a sweet little girl, but we aren't sure where she came from, or who she belongs to. (or where she got those mighty bows in her hair!) We just know that her mom came out of no where and picked her up after the show, like we were old friends, and they both disappeared into the night. Who knows? Also, the picture of Adia next to our fridge was taken to show off the "outfit" she put together for her night out. She was pretty proud of herself, and wanted a picture. What a little fashionista!
I remember once meeting someone and then never finding them again.... I think they are God's angels..... I'll have to tell you the story one day.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are blogging more but so understand the delay.
I like your stay at home vacation. We are in Richfield and we camped out in the back yard. I may just do that at home too. It is fun to be in the tent!
That sounds like so much fun! Yay!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a lot of fun. Sometimes the saycations are better then the vacations. :)
ReplyDelete