

Well, as you may have noticed in my last few posts, my kids got hair cuts. I have been meaning to post about it since I did it, but I have never gotten a good picture of them showing off the new hair. Finally I realized that If I wanted to post about it I would just have to do it and no worry about the pictures turning out. Last week I was pulling Adia's hair back to keep her cool. (Last week was a scorcher!) Ethan came in and asked if I could pull his hair back so he would be cooler. Well, we are not a boys-wear-ponytails kind of family, and so his hair while needing to be cut for sure was no where near long enough to pull back. So I started thinking about what we could do to cool him off. Suddenly it hit me- No Hair! (I'm sure Bobbi, my sister and our regular "hair cutter" is groaning in agony as she reads this. Sorry Bobbi.) So, while I am not good at cutting hair, I have given a few cuts in my day, and I figure that shaving it doesn't take too much skill right? Nope, not right! As I was just about to get started a though occurred to me. Ethan's head is shaped a little funny, so NO hair might not be a good solution for us. So I put on a guard and got going. Holy crap, it takes longer than you think. And asking Ethan to hold still for a long time is not a smart move. By the time we were finished both of us and the entire bathroom was COVERED in hair. Oh well, it turned out pretty good, all things considered, and he loves it. It certainly isn't a look we are going to sport all the time, but for the summer, when he doesn't really have to see many people, it is perfect. It makes me giggle a little every time I look at him, and I'm not sure why. Maybe because now the only thing I notice when I look at him are his huge eyes, and giant smile. How can that not make you happy? When we were finishing up with Ethan, Adia decided that it was her turn. In order to avoid the cutting her own hair situation we had earlier in the year, I decided it wouldn't hurt anything to cut hers too. Even though that one should have been a little harder, it was actually much easier. I cut it just below her chin, and it is SO CUTE! At first, it hit her that she didn't have long hair, so she didn't look like Cinderella anymore. It was almost a heart break until she realized that now she look like Dora! Oh, good save! The funny thing is when she wears shorts and tennis shoes she kind of does look like a Caucasian Dora. Anyway, the kids and I are all very happy with the new do's. The pictures really don't do them justice, (especially Ethan, you have no idea how many pictures I took, and this is the best one:) but that's the best I've got:)
SO CUTE! Great job!
ReplyDeletethey look so good.
ReplyDelete