Thursday, June 19, 2008

The things we learn in nursary...

So today Adia and I were singing songs while we were cleaning the kitchen. She wanted to sing the "bum song". I don't know a song called that, but I thought maybe she was talking about ba-donk-a-donk (Not positive how to spell that:) because Ethan LOVES that one (Not sure why, not proud of it either) So I sang it, but that wasn't the one, she wanted the "bum shake song" For the next 45 minutes I sang every song about bums, shaking, or anything that even implied those things. I sang everything from the hockey-poky to Baby Got Back. It's amazing how many songs there are that talk about bums... It was not my proudest moment. So finally I got the idea, (I would like to say the spirit guided me, but after so much "Bum talk" I think he must have been long gone:) Maybe I should ask her to sing it to me. Why that thought hadn't crossed my mind earlier, I don't know, but she started to sing, and you will never guess what song she sang...
"If You're Happy And You Know It..." What?!? There is no bum shaking in that one. Apparently when you sing it in nursery there is. "You sing clap your hands, stomp your feet, and shake your bum" What the heck kind of primary am I sending my kid to?!? That's the last place I would expect her to learn a bum song! I don't even know what to say about it... That nursery is a questionable place...

1 comment:

  1. Katie, are you alright? I come look and look and look, and there aren't any posts. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete