Friday, June 6, 2008

Getting paid for what I love!


He is deliberately trying to not look at me in order to annoy me, you can see it on his face:)
Don't you think Ethan looks EXACTLY like Troy when we have been taking pictures too long?
I don't really know what they are doing, but they have found their happy spot for sure.




See! Compare faces with that one of Ethan. It is the exact same scowl!




No matter how many times I tried to move Ethan out so you could see his face he would move right back to where he was. Then when he saw the picture he was mad that I had "cut off his face." Go figure:)






I'm so excited! I am having my first official -getting paid for it- photo shoot tomorrow! I can hardly wait. It is a friend of mine who came to my house, noticed I have ten thousand pictures on the wall, all taken by me, and asked if I would take pictures of her sons. I am delighted except after I told her yes I realized that I don't have any idea where to take pictures here in Brigham. OOPS! Oh well, we went for a drive last night and I found tons of places that are perfect. The lighting that time of day will be perfect, so I won't have to do much reflector work or anything. The only thing that wasn't perfect last night was my subjects. As usual no one wanted a hundred pictures taken of them in different positions and standing next to various bushes, trees, doorways, etc. That will be better tomorrow too. The boys I am shooting are very sweet, and very well mannered. No one will be sticking their tongue out or bursting into tears when I ask them to move their head a little to the right. (I hope!) Anyway, I thought I would include a couple of the pictures that turned out alright. My kids look like orphans, but the location is nice:) Wish me luck tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are taking pictures! I just want a better camera so I can start taking awesome photos of my girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have cooperative kids and weather! Kids are always better behaved for people other than their parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful Katie! Do you have the reflectors and stuff too? I just have an awesome camera that I use all the time. Have fun at the photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete