Thursday, January 31, 2013

ch ch ch ch changes...

This picture has nothing to do with anything, but I like to include a picture with my posts, and this is one I took on Christmas morning at my parent's house, and I love it. 


I have been blogging for several years now, and I love it. It's a great way to remember the things that happen to our little family since I'm crappy at journal writing, it's a good way to keep friends and family who live far away updated on our lives, and it had become a way to connect and become friends with people I've never even met. But lately I've had a hard time blogging. I am so busy, but it's busy with work things, and because of confidentiality I can't blog about that. :) And the other stuff that happens in our life don't feel like a big enough deal to blog about. So I just haven't written much for the last few months. I think I got stuck in the mindset that every post needs to be significant with a picture, and several paragraphs, and it needs to be meaningful. I've decided that this isn't necessarily true. For a while anyway, I am just going to post short little blurbs now and then, whenever something funny or exciting or whatever, happens. This means that my posts won't be as meaty as they used to be, and there might not be a picture on every post. I also won't likely be linking every post to Facebook, so if you generally don't check in until you see a link, you might want to change that. :) Anyway, that's what we're trying for now. If you have any other suggestions feel free to let me know. I was also thinking that it might be a good idea to make a list of things to blog about. I know that when I did my 30 list in June I had no problem posting every day. If I can come up with a bunch of questions, I probably wouldn't blog every single day, but if I had a lull I could pull out a question and blog about it. It would be a great plan. The only problem is I'm not super creative, so I'm going to need your help. Give me some suggestions. Ask a question about me. Ask a question about life. Ask a question about anything. Make a comment that I can chime in on. The sky's the limit, just give me some fun ideas.

3 comments:

  1. So I was wondering if you have carried on the bed time prayer wrestle with your kids, I haven't heard any war stories lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updated collage! Want to come take picks for me, I'm not book at taking descent ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the whole journal thing. I am horrible at writing in my journal but for some reasn it's easier to blog. So here's something i have thought about. You and your kids do stuff now that in maybe 6 months or more...or less. :) you wont do anymore. so blog about it. :) favorite books, movies, songs. Anything :) Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete