Some info blurred for security reasons. If you plan to come email me and I'll get you the details.
In our church you have to be 8 to be baptized. I encourage my kids to do that, but ultimately it is their choice. Adia has been waiting for this day for her whole life. She made the choice a long time ago, and has been working to be ready. I'm really proud of the person she is. She has the kindest heart. She thinks of others feelings all the time. She makes friends easily, and could be friends with anyone she wanted, but she takes notice of those who have a harder time making friends and she welcomes them in and makes them feel important. She is also very trustworthy. Even though she is they younger sibling she takes responsibility for Ethan a lot, and I always know that I can count on her to take care of him. The is honest, and thoughtful, and tries to always do what's right. She has a strong relationship with her Heavenly Father, and amazes me with her faith. I have no doubt that she is ready for this step in her life, and that she will make us all proud of the person she becomes. Congratulations sweet girl!
But I have to share a kind of funny story about her. In order to be baptized you have to have an interview with the Bishop. As you get older, you have these fairly often, but Adia has never had one, so she was pretty nervous. I tried to reassure her that he was just going to visit with her and see if she was really ready - no pressure, but she thought of it as a test she had to take to determine whether she knew enough to be allowed to join the church. She's a perfectionist, and couldn't stand not passing the test, so she's been asking a lot of gospel related questions in preparation. She's really been studying for this thing, and kind of stressing a little more than necessary.
So tonight we went to the interview. We went into the bishop's office and sat down and he said, "Well Adia, why are we here?" Without missing a beat she answered, "It's all part of Heavenly Father's plan..." She talked about the plan of salvation including a hilarious interpretation of the war in Heaven complete with voices for the main characters. She got the facts right, though I'm pretty sure Lucifer didn't say, "Dude, your plan is so lame." and I'm fairly positive Jesus didn't shout "SWEET!" when He was chosen. Though I could be wrong, I don't actually remember. :) (If you want to know more about this go HERE, or feel free to ask me.)
She finally finished, and the Bishop said, " Well, you are right about that, but I actually meant Why did you come to my office tonight?" I guess she had been cramming a little too hard. We all had a good giggle, and she calmed down a little after that. She passed, not that I had any doubts. And after we left the office she gave a big sigh and said, "Whew, I totally need some chocolate!"

No comments:
Post a Comment