
I have to talk in church in a few weeks, and my subject is developing Christlike attributes. I know what Christlike attributes are, but I am NOT an expert in developing them AT ALL! I am really worried about this because I am seriously drawing a blank when it comes to original ideas of how to approach this one. (It could be worse, remember when I had been divorced for like 5 minutes and they asked me to give THIS talk?) It's not a bad subject, it's just one that I feel really inadequate in. So please, if you have any nice stories, thoughts on the subject, experiences that you wouldn't mind sharing, I would love to hear them. Comment here, or email me eberling2@msn.com Thanks, I know I can count on you:)
Katie, when I read your topic, I though of how Cristlike you are trying to be every day. You are such a kind and loving person that would drop anything (except your kids for good reason) to help a friend. You are always trying to help someone in need be it a foster kid who needs a good foster parent, a friend that needs a shoulder to cry on, a person that needs to be told something hard in a kind way.
ReplyDeleteYou are the kind of mom that Christ would be proud of. You protect them against things that shouldn't hurt them, and support them through things that they need to suffer through to learn from. You have so much patience!
You always have kind things to say about anything even if there is only one nice thing to say about it.
I could go on, but they you would think I was a liar because you are so humble. Oops.
Good luck, and I'm glad it's not me having to give the talk. Love ya
Oh Emily, do I have you fooled!:) You are a sweetheart. I'm not sure that I agree that I have any of those traits, but they re exactly the kinds of ideas I was hoping for, so thank you. I especially love when you talked about being the kind of mom Christ would be proud of. That's a really powerful idea. Thank you so much for your comment.
ReplyDelete