One afternoon during spring break Grandpa took us up on the mountain to snowmobile. It was a perfect day, nice and warm, bright, but not blinding, no wind, just the best day we could imagine.


We saw an avalanch.


The scenery was beautiful!
(I know I say it all the time, but can you believe I actually LIVE here?:)

Grandpa is a really good snowmobiler.
(WAY better than me as I rolled it not once, but twice during the day... yikes!)
And he had to show us his moves a little bit.



We went some pretty amazing places. This picture doesn't really show you what it was like, but this hill was HUGE. We went up to the tree line, and then turned around. The hill was so steep the skis would come off the ground sometimes as we were climbing, then coming down felt like a free-fall! It was so fun! (I know this is nothing for all of you who snowmobile all the time, but with two kids, it was enough thrill for me:)

This isn't a very good picture, but check out the expressions of terror on my kid's faces. LOVE IT! :)

They are jumping here, and Ethan's face makes me laugh so hard.

But the second they were back on solid ground, their faces turned into this, and we heard over and over again, "That... Was... AWESOME!!!"

I'm not sure how prestigious you would feel sitting in "David's Elite Throne" now:)

And then when we would stop for a snack, it was the perfect time to roll around in the snow...
We had the best time! We haven't been snowmobiling anywhere but the back yard for a really long time, and it reminded me how much I love it. It was a really great day. Thanks Grandpa!
I love your pictures Katie!! So amazing what talent.
ReplyDeletesuch a cool grandpa:)
ReplyDelete