Anyway, we are getting used to rain, but the other day we were driving and it started to hail. REALLY HARD! I seriously thought that it was going to break our windshield. It was so bad. When we finally got back into town and to our house it was still hailing, though not as bad. I took a few pictures, but you can't really tell how bad it was other than to see the sad longing look on my beautiful girl's face.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
What the hail!?!
We have literally had about two days that it hasn't rained all month long. I'm not complaining, after living in a place where we NEVER got rain most of my life, I know what a blessing the rain is. I kind of enjoy it too. I like that it hasn't been too hot, I love that I haven't had to water my garden even once this year, I love that everything is so green, and beautiful. Even my kids have liked it, and have danced around in it, and broken out their umbrellas that have barely seen a drop of rain before this year. It has it's downside too, but for the most part we are lovin' it. I think it's a little funny, and a lot sad that in Utah you rarely hear a prayer offered that doesn't have the words "please bless us with the moisture that we so greatly need..." or something along the lines of that, but then when it finally does rain all you hear are complaints... Enough said...
Anyway, we are getting used to rain, but the other day we were driving and it started to hail. REALLY HARD! I seriously thought that it was going to break our windshield. It was so bad. When we finally got back into town and to our house it was still hailing, though not as bad. I took a few pictures, but you can't really tell how bad it was other than to see the sad longing look on my beautiful girl's face.


So having hail reminded me of a story I forgot to share about our last trip home to visit my parents. We had been driving for a while, and though the skies looked like it could down pour at any moment the roads had stayed dry. Finally we reached Soldier Summit and it started to rain, like REALLY RAIN. Soon the rain turned to hail, and before I knew it there was three inches of hail on the road. It was pounding down so hard, and the road was like ice. People were sliding off the road and some were just pulling over to wait out the storm. I just put it in 4-wheel drive, and took it slow. It was super scary and we were driving about 10 miles an hour for a long time. Finally the storm started to let up and my mom called. She said that they were watching TV and a severe storm advisory was issued. They said that everyone who was driving in that area was advised to get off the road and seek shelter immediately. That explained why there were so many people pulled over. Apparently everyone else had been listening to their radio and heard the announcement. We, on the other hand, had been rockin out to a CD and were totally oblivious to the danger we were it. We were just traveling down the road dancing to our own tune, lovin' life, with no idea that what we were doing was any different from what everyone else was doing. Actually I guess that would be a good way to describe the way our every day life goes. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but that's how we roll... :)
Anyway, we are getting used to rain, but the other day we were driving and it started to hail. REALLY HARD! I seriously thought that it was going to break our windshield. It was so bad. When we finally got back into town and to our house it was still hailing, though not as bad. I took a few pictures, but you can't really tell how bad it was other than to see the sad longing look on my beautiful girl's face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
maybe it is because of where we grew up but I am so sick of people complaining about the rain. I love every part of it. The best is that I can't do yard work because it is too wet outside. The rain has been the best part of this month!!
ReplyDelete