Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun with Kalista





































While we were in La Sal we had a lot of opportunities to spend time with my niece Kalista. In the past you might remember, she hasn't liked us very well. It's just been the last year that she has even tolerated us for more than a few hours at a time. But this time she did great with us. She had so much fun with her. We had a sleep over, we spent the day playing together, we had a camp fire and ate s'mores, and jumped on the trampoline together. It was a great time. She actually played WITH the kids instead of playing near them like she usually does. She is doing great and we are so proud of how far she has come. Each time we see her she has learned new words and new signs. She is communicating so well. She even came up with a game she says my name in a high pitched voice, and pokes me in the stomach, then laughs and laughs. It started out with her just poking me in the stomach, but as the day went on she started poking everyone in the stomach and saying KAAAATIEEEE in the high pitched voice. I'm not sure how good that is for my self esteem, I wish she would pick someone else's name to screech when it comes to poking bellies, but whatever, she says my name, so I can't ask for too much else. Anyway, we had a really good time with her, so enjoy the pictures... Oh, and did you notice the super cute haircut Adia has? My sister Bobbi cut it, and it's short and sassy just like Adia.

3 comments:

  1. I love Adia's hair, so cute, did Bobbi cut it? Maddox was in La Sal over June 5th weekend is that when you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adia haair is so cute. I can't believe how much she has grown and Ethan, too. Kalista is getting so big I haven't seen her since last summer when I went to LaSal and she kept telling me "BYE SEE YA" and leading me to the door. I am so glad she is doing better and is geting along with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did notice the cute hair---it suits her. The last time I saw Kalista was when she was a tiny little thing. Remember that cute picture with me pretencing I was a cowgirl:)

    ReplyDelete