Friday, September 14, 2012

Remember the time...


Man we do. What a super good mom I am, right?
It really could have been worse. The camper is very spacious as far as campers go. We had a toilet and shower and running water. The bed that I slept on was very comfortable. (can't speak for the kids who slept on the couch, but they didn't complain too much so it must have been fine. This is a picture of the kids lounging around after school. And yes, that is my laptop and homework on the table, where Adia is dribbling cereal she's eating out of a cup as she watches TV in what functions as the kitchen/dining room/living room/ Ethan's bedroom.
The RV park was actually really nice, and it was never very busy, so that was nice. The owner didn't really want us to live there, I think. When I said we wanted to rent it for two weeks he told me. "you can't just park here and stay for the rest of your life. We aren't that kind of place, and we don't accomidate trailer trash." And when I assured him we would be leaving as soon as humanly possible and had no intention of staying longer than was absolutely necessary, he said "We? Does that mean you have kids? We mostly have older people stay here. If you guys are too loud and disturb the other campers I WILL throw you out. And if your kids flush rocks down the toilets" (because that's totally something they do for fun, you know) "I will charge you for any damage done, and THEN I will throw you out!" And then when I didn't seem phased by that and assured him that we would be quiet and non-destructive he said " Are you sure you want to stay here? Our rates are really high, and a stay like this is going to cost a lot of money for a person like you." He was right, the rates were unreasonably high, but it was still cheaper than living in the motel any longer, or driving back and forth from La Sal every day, and it was the only place available, so we ended up staying there anyway. And we didn't break the toilets or disturb the neighbors, so it all worked out in the end.
And you can't beat the view of the sunset from our back window, so it really wasn't so bad. It was certainly a memory that we will hold on to for a long time (Like when my kids really want something that I won't let them have they can say "remember the time you made us live in a camper trailer for two weeks..." and I'll probably give in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment