Monday, September 26, 2011

A Confession

Are you ready for this. It's pretty bad, so I hope you won't judge me too harshly. Please remember that we all make errors in judgement now and then. So here goes...






I watched Sister Wives last night...





I know, I'm ashamed of myself too. I just couldn't help it, I was sick yesterday, and I don't know if I was just hopped up on NyQuil (I really can't take that stuff, it makes me act like a drunken sailor, remind me next time) or if the boredom from spending the day on the couch had gotten to me, but I was flipping channels and stopped there. I realize I am a little late jumping on that band wagon, but I have heard a lot of hype and have friends who won't miss an episode, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. And then I got sucked in. I couldn't change the channel. There was a marathon going on, so I sat there in my jammies eating Popsicles and drinking breathe tea and watched two an a half episodes before I knew it, and I would have watched more except the marathon was over and they moved on to a different show (which was The Medium that I have another, quite different fascination with concerning her hair color, and the daughters mouth situation, and whether or not the son it gay, and if the dad is on drugs, but that's for another post...) It isn't that I find the lifestyle all that interesting, I have actually known quite a few Plygs in my day, and I don't have a huge opinion one way or another about that. And it isn't this particular family, or their particular situation, or that the story line is particularly gripping. No, there are two things that kept me hooked. One is that they all need some hair help. Really ALL of them. Serious changes. Serious. And second, I am dying, DYING!!! to do a group therapy on those guys. Like, really, I actually took notes! It would be SO FUN to get in a room alone to talk with this family, on so many different levels. If the show is still on the air when I get my license I am so calling them up! So what do you say Bobbi, (my lovely sister who is a fabulous beautician) shall we take a trip to Vegas and fix these people's problems? :)
Check it out on TLC - not sure the day or time, but this was a Sunday night at 11...
It's SO worth it, like a car wreck where you drive by saying "I hope there aren't any heads rolling down the highway", but still you can't help but turn and look for heads. It's like that...

No, I was not compensated by TLC, the Plygs, or any other affiliates. It's just me doing a great service for you.:)

4 comments:

  1. You are so freaking funny. I love it when you post. I have watched that show a few times but I just can not get into it at all. I am more addicted to Army Wives. How are the kiddos and how is school going for you and them? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee!!! I watched it too! (and they make me a little sad) How did you know I am DYING! to chop that dudes hair OFF. I would do make overs on all the wives for free if they would let me "fix him".

    Let me know when you are ready. I have been missing you and a road trip sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get the sucked in thing. Nothing exciting, but something about them makes you keep watching them. I guess it's the mental screaming at the tv to just grow up and what the heck! I don't have tv anymore, so I guess I won't be watching anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have watched the first 2 seasons... and now I don't have cable. Wonder if I can get it online.

    ReplyDelete