Friday, June 17, 2011
A Sweet Little Treat
In May I had the opportunity to attend a Kristen Duke photography class. We mostly learned the basics, but she did give a bunch of fun tips about setting up the shot, positioning, how to work in a variety of lighting and weather situations (which I totally needed because I live in Utah and there is no end to the crazy weather I have had to shoot in) how to shoot indoors (which is my least favorite thing, so I totally needed some help there) and even a little bit about shooting raw (though not as much as I had hoped...) Here are a few of my pictures to document the day. None of these have been edited, so check it out and see if you think I have improved at all...
The class was held in Ogden at this darling little shop, The Vintage Cupcake. It was the cutest little place I have seen. The decor is to die for, and the atmosphere is so fun. I thought it was a crazy location at first, but it ended up being the best place ever for a photography class.
I also got to meet a bunch of ladies who's craft blogs I stalk all the time. Most of them are just as nice IRL as I hoped. (some were not:)

After learning about indoor shots we moved outside. The street the shop is on is darling too, so there were tons of things to take pictures of, like this cute church...


And then when it was all over we got to enjoy THESE! Mine is the chocolate one there in the front, and let me tell you, it was DE -VINE! So so good! If you are ever in Ogden, look this place up, you won't be sorry. (the guy who made the cupcakes was a doll too, but he declined a picture, so you will just have to trust me on that.:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment