Friday, June 10, 2011

Dance

Remember how in Brigham City Adia had the most amazing dance teacher and company EVER?(here and here and here and here) Well, she did. Her teacher, Miss Michelle was fabulous. I really can't say enough good about her. She had quiet control over the entire company, every girl regardless of shape, size, ability or whatever felt like she was perfect, and she inspired excellence in all of the girls. She not only knew the girl's names, but she knew a little about them, their hobbies, interests, things that went on in their lives, she made a special effort to make each individual person feel special and loved. She taught in a way that was fun, but also informative, and she was an all around wonderful person. (seriously, if you are in the Brigham City area, you should really check her out, you won't be sorry.:)
Well, Adia loved dance so much, and had such a natural talent in it that I thought we would sign her up for a class in Moab. Two of her friends from school were also going, so I jumped on board and we took turns taking the girls in to town once a week. All I can say is, I WANT MISS MICHELLE BACK!!!
The girls had a lot of fun, and it was a great time for them, but as the mother I was less than impressed. By the end of the 5 months of class the teacher STILL DIDN'T KNOW THE GIRL'S NAMES!!! They were insanely disorganized, and did things like forgetting to tell us when class was canceled, not knowing the time of the final performance until the WEEK BEFORE!, and during the final performance all the girls who were not performing were aloud to run around the stage until it was their turn. Adia invited just about anybody she met, and several of them, bless their souls, came, and I was so embarrassed that they waisted their evening on the craziness. Plus, their (SUPER immodest) costumes that looked like they should have cost about $20 ended up costing $90. (I'm used to the cost of costumes, that is about what Adia's costumes cost the last two years, but those were professionally made and of excellent quality, and not silly little tutus made by the dance teacher worn over the top of booty shorts with a neon tank top.)All in all the girls loved it, but I have to say that I really appreciate Miss Michelle:) But enough of my complaining. At least we got a couple of cute pictures out of the mess, and you know how I think that almost anything is worth it if it produces good pictures, so here we go...
Payton, Adia, Lucie
That afternoon before the performance we all got together at Lucie's house for a "curl and twirl" party. We did makeup and hair and nails and got the girls all glammed up. (I was proud to get my Mary Kay on and be in charge of makeup. The girls looked so beautiful, but then we got there and realized that drag queen makeup was the order for the day, and our girls were WAY under hooker-ized. And then we looked around at the other moms who were wearing their daisy dukes and five inch heels and realized that we didn't fit in very well either. Yikes...)


Getting their sass on!


A random friend who's name I don't know. (hey, I'm no Miss Michelle either:)
Notice the difference in makeup...



And in other news, notice Adia got a sassy new hair cut for summer. She tells everyone that comments on it "it's an A-line" like that's supposed to matter to anyone other than her an Aunt Bobbi.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment