The fourth of July was celebrated in La Sal on the 3rd. The boy scouts (That includes Ethan now, I feel so old...) did a flag ceremony at the community center, followed by a pancake breakfast. (I didn't get pictures because... well, I don't have a good excuse, but this is the only one I managed to get. Pretty though, right? So it makes up for it:)Following the breakfast we raced home to get our bikes for the parade. In La Sal, anything goes as a parade float, so we bling-ed out our bikes, and got in line. Our friends Parker and Payton were staying the day with us, so we bling-ed them out too. Parker was dressed in camo and decided that he wanted to be a general. (Here's a dirty side story: Later in the day the kids were playing army. Payton told me "We are all sargeants, except for Parker. He's a genital." -he actually kind of was being one at that moment, but he's 8, it comes with the territory:) The thing that actually makes that funny is knowing her parents. Especially her mom. They do NOT discuss body parts, or use embarrassing names for body parts, and she is a strictly "pants on" kind of mom. So the thing that made me giggle the most about the whole thing was picturing her mom's reaction when I told her about it. I was not disappointed!:) So we whipped up a "tank" for him to wear. It was my very best effort, but we were a little mixed up about the color selection. I started on one side painting the green part of what I thought would be a camo tank, and he started on the other side with blue... so he ended up looking a little like the world... if it was flat... and had a giant pole sticking out of it... Sorry buddy, no one has ever accused me of being crafty.
On Sunday we went to Moab to watch fireworks. My Sister and brother-in-law invited us to watch them at their "fish pond" It is a beautiful place up on a hill, and we were basically right across the valley from where they shot of the fireworks. We totally had the best seat in the house. We brought homemade ice cream, and they spoiled us with pizza and bread sticks. It was the perfect night. We had so much fun. I didn't get any really good pictures of the fireworks, I was too busy stuffing my face to worry about adjusting ISOs, but here are the few I ended up with...




This one isn't a very good picture of fireworks, but I thought it was pretty, like a flower or something...
This is Ethan standing on the bridge over the fish pond. It doesn't do it justice, it is beautiful up there. 
This is the sunset from where we were sitting.

This was a picture of the wishing star. I think it's kind of magical.
Star Light, Star Bright...
No comments:
Post a Comment