Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Zoo

Last weekend some of our very best friends, Levi, Cassie, and Michael came up for a visit. We went to the zoo, and had so much fun. I really didn't think I would have fun, you know how I feel about animals, and you know how I have that super power sense of smell... You can imagine how excited I was. We really did have a good time though. The kids acted pretty well all things considered, and they LOVED it. It was totally worth the smell. Here are a BUNCH of pictures of our great day. I know it's long, but when you consider that I took over 500 pictures that day the 20 or 30 I am posting aren't that bad:) Enjoy...

Three little monkeys...




Learning about elephants












Riding on the trunk of a beautiful tin elephant. We wanted to get a picture of all three kids, but each time we asked Michael if he wanted to get on all he said was "NO!"


A warthogs backside... (No I'm not talking about Levi:)










Troy is actually smiling in a picture and I can't get both kids to look at the camera at the same time. Oh well, I guess I can't be too picky, at least no one is crying:)







I am not kidding, this is the name of an Asian food stand in the zoo. Really, do you want to eat at an Asian place with "Cat" in the name? That's just asking for trouble don't you think?

I know, HOT right? Sorry ladies this one is taken!

We had to take a break in the middle for some much deserved ice cream.
(Levi and Cassie, I have the MOST ADORABLE pictures of Michael with his ice cream, I have a disk ready to send you, they are too sweet!)


By the end of the day we were all a little tired and cranky...

My little Crocodile trainer...


I have to tell this funny story. They had these giant animals and bugs in the play area Adia loved crawling all over them until she got to this one. She would only sit in the middle of it, and kept saying something that I couldn't understand. Finally I went over closer to her and she kept saying "head or butt?... head or butt?..." over and over. She couldn't decide which side was which, and wasn't about to touch the wrong end:)


Uncle Levi has a monkey on his back...

After the zoo we walked across the street to "this is the place" monument. (An important place in Utah/LDS history)It was fun. We rode a little train thing around and looked at everything.




Throwing rocks while waiting for the train...



Adia is leading everyone in a cheer.

Ethan loved up on Aunt Cassie during the train ride.

We ended the night by STUFFING ourselves with super delicious food at the Cheesecake Factory before saying goodbye. Thanks for coming Levi, Cassie and Michael, we had so much fun. We love you guys!

5 comments:

  1. For some reason I always think of you being an animal person. So it surprises me each time when you have an animal "prob":) The pics are great. None of our kids will sit on the tin elephant because it sneezes and sprays you! It traumatized them one year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi and Cassie Mallory FamilyApril 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM

    I had an interesting thought when we were coming home the other day. I was watching Michael and Adia walk around in the gas station, when it occured to me that with their light hair and blue eyes they looked like they could be siblings. My dilema was that, again due to the light hair and blue eyes, neither of them looked like they belonged to Levi and I. It was an interesting thought that made me giggle. (We ended up with Adia's head phones if you want to stop and pick them up when you come through.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny Cassie. I guess it's just proof that we really are supposed to be family:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey katie! thanks for your comments :) i got my camera yesterday and have had so much fun playing with it today. what camera do you have? i do my editing in adobe photoshop CS2. it does a lot of amazing things, it's just a matter of having the patience to learn them. i haven't even scratched the surface yet. anyway, love your zoo pics. i would love to take my new camera to the zoo, oh yeah, and my kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your pictures especially the warthog (really there is likeness to Levi!) I love that you got cute pictures of Troy too; that just shows that you truely are a gifted photograher.
    Love you guys and miss ya.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete