I should have known it was going to be a day when at 2:30am I was awakened from a dead sleep (Really, I had just gone to bed an hour earlier-thank you very much ETHAN-, and was dead to the world) by Ethan Screaming "IT'S SNOWING!!!"
"What the ...?! WHO CARES if it is snowing at 2:30 in the morning? It has been snowing every single morning this week!" (I get grouchy when my heart is beating out of my chest)
Apparently Ethan cares because he got up several times each hour for the rest of the night to be sure it was still snowing.
Anyway finally about 5:00 I got his settled down and drifted off to sleep myself only to be woken up at 6:00 by my sweet heart, sure that because he has to be up that early everyone else must be too. He let me in on the news, because Obama is the first Black President they decided that each state had to name a city after him, and guess which one Utah chose? You guessed it, I now live in Barak City. "April Fools" He had me going for about a second, but the poor guy can't tell a joke to save his life. He giggles. It's a curse on days like today. It was a good effort though. He usually doesn't even bother. I think he did it to flirt with me, what a turn on. OOOO, what a stud, YU-MEEE!
Okay, back on track...
I had a few tricks up my sleeve for today.
I dyed the toilet water. Adia won't go. Seriously, I think she has been holding it all day.
I dyed the milk green, and when I poured it into their cereal bowls I said "Uh Oh, it looks like the milk went bad. Oh well, we don't have any fresh milk, so just eat it and hope you don't get sick."
Here's what I got:

And no one ate anything. Later I found Adia eating a cracker she found under the bed...


For lunch I made Ethan a sandwich with bugs in it. (Raisins) He threw it in the trash and convinced his teacher to let him eat school lunch.
And no one ate anything. Later I found Adia eating a cracker she found under the bed...
For lunch I made Ethan a sandwich with bugs in it. (Raisins) He threw it in the trash and convinced his teacher to let him eat school lunch.
I tried the same thing on Adia, but she told me that she wanted something else because she couldn't find anymore crackers under the bed, and she was hungry!
When Ethan got home I had rubber-banded the handle of the sprayer on our kitchen sink so when he turned on the water it would spray him, and then I asked him to get me a glass of water. But he's too short, and it shot right over his head. He didn't even notice what was happening, so he didn't turn it off right away. I ended up having to turn it off myself. I got drenched, and then I had to clean up my flooded kitchen.
I tried a few other things that pretty much ended up the same way. In fact the only thing the kids really enjoyed was the dirt cups we do every year for dessert. (we usually do gumdrop flowers, but in the spirit of Ethan's No-sugar diet we decided to make a fruit version of it. I'm positive it canceled out all of the sugar in the pudding, the crumbled up Oreo cookies, and the gummy worms, right:)
sadly, the one day of the year that I don't like. I really don't like even going out of my house! I'm glad you had fun! I love the flowers!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny that you got soaked! I am cracking up! We just spent the whole day saying things like "there is a spider on your head- April Fools!" or "look, a lion- April Fools". It was cute the first 57 times. After that it got a little old and I was ready for April 2nd!
ReplyDeleteI hate the stinking sprayer joke. I do it every year and every I fall for it at least 3 times before anyone else! This year I didn't even attempt it and my "sweet" husband did it to me! Hilarious. He said I deserved it for dumping cold water on him in the shower and taking his towell, but I do that at least once a week, so it shouldn't count:)
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I'm so glad you like April Fools day too...I wasnt very well recieved with my jokes. :(
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! Hey Katie, can you email me? I don't have your email address. I have some questions for you...:)
ReplyDeletedidderbug08@msn.com