Monday, December 8, 2008

K-I'm Back...I think

Well, Last week was a whirlwind that I barely remember the details of, and before I knew it I was headed back out of town and never did get a chance to blog again. There really isn't too much to report here, Just holiday business, and my annual craft fair that I do with my friend Terri. This week is Adia's dance recital, the YW Christmas Bash, the RS Christmas Party, the Ward Christmas Social, and some wacky holiday something-or-other at Ethan's school. You gotta love this time of year. Oh, I have also enjoyed your "Putting Christ in Christmas" ideas, thanks. We already planned to do a sub for Santa, I also got us on the sign up sheet to be bell ringers one afternoon next week. We adopted a Grandma and are going to make her special gifts every day, Melissa sent me an advent calendar where you read a scripture each day until Christmas to better learn about Christ, and the Christmas Story, we read a few stories from the library about christmas. And tonight for Family Night we are going to start a new tradition. I made a "manger" (in parenthesis because you have to really use your imagination, then spin around nine times fast, stand on your head and look cross eyed at it for it to look like a manger:)and we are going to put a piece of straw in it for each good deed we do, then on Christmas Eve we will lay baby Jesus in the manger, and hopefully he will have a soft place to lay. Anyway, that's the plan for now. Keep the ideas coming if you've got them. If nothing else I am just going to do my best and pray that as they grow up they will get it. I think that's all I can do:)

4 comments:

  1. Katie - those are all great ideas! It really is hard to keep Christ in Christmas! You are doing a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I enjoyed having lunch with you and the La Sal girls. It has been way to long since I have laughed like that. (Even if I talk to much!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your manger idea. That's really neat. We should really get together again. Please let us know if you have a spare night and we'll go do something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep talking I love your spunk! I love you too!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete