Tuesday, December 16, 2008
A chicken for Christmas! Just what I've always wanted!
The last few weeks have been pretty hard on Adia. See, she keeps secrets just like her dad - not at all- so when we have been taking her out to shop for the Christmas presents she is giving to someone else, she immediately comes home and tells that person what she got them. We have talked to her about how it's a surprise, so she can't tell them, and finally we thought she got it. When she and her dad got home last Saturday afternoon she ran over to me and said "Mom, we got you a chicken for Christmas! We didn't get you that necklace you like." Then she burst into giggles, and said " boy dad, we really tricked her, didn't we?" I'm so excited for Christmas. I can't wait to get my nice new chicken. What a thoughtful gift right? And so original.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Abigail told me "Mom, we got you a watch, but we can't tell you!"
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute!
Darling Child! How can we not love her?
ReplyDeleteI just found you through the r house. I just read your long and hard adoption story! What it just seems that people don't want adoptions to happen. It made me wonder why they didn't want you to adopt your son when he was going to be so hard to place! I am just so glad that it all worked out. Our oldest is adopted and has cerebral palsy. We didn't know it at the time, but we know that he was supposed to be in our family so we could have helped him. I really do hope you write a book and set people straight as to why adoption is so important. I know a few families that were foster parents and lost their kids to go back to their FAMILY. They have a much harder life then if they would have been adopted. So crazy the system that we live in. Good luck and thanks for sharing your story!
ReplyDeleteWOW!! I want a chicken for Christmas that would be so cool. :) Course I would need some place to put it. :) Adia's so cute.
ReplyDeleteI amso proud of my kids this year. Aj and Maddie both went and shopped for each other and they think they are being so sneaky by not telling each other! Yay! Let's see if this lasts for birthdays as well:)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I am sitting here with tears running down my face picturing Troy telling Adi all the way home remeber we are getting Mom a Chicken for Christmas! Oh Well at least Troy gets you something.
ReplyDeleteThat's SO FUNNY!!!
ReplyDelete