Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thin Mints

Well, it is Girl Scout Cookie season here in Brigham City, or I guess this is the end of the season now. I didn't even realize that it was happening. I did notice a couple of girl scouts at the store a couple of weeks ago, but that's all I knew about. Apparently, Troy knew though. Boy did he ever know! We live on a very family friendly street. It's actually a loop street, so the only people who really drive down it are the people who live there. There are a lot of young families who live there, and the one's who are older have grandchildren who come to visit all the time. I love that about our street. There are always kids running around playing in each other's yard, riding bikes around the circle, and there is always someone watching out for them, so everyone is safe. But apparently one thing I hadn't realized about our street is that there are a lot of girl scouts who live here, have grandma's who live here, or friends who live here. It seems that all of these young ladies visited our house and sold cookies to Troy. (It must have been on a Saturday because he was home, and I never saw them.) I don't mind a few girl scout cookies, don't get me wrong, and I love and support the girl scout program, but yesterday must have been delivery day because we got some cookies. In fact, we had four girls drop off cookies to our house! And he always ordered the same thing- Two boxes of Samoas and Four boxes of Thin Mints. One order of that is plenty, but four is ridiculous, especially since Troy isn't even around to eat them. So, that's what we had for our Family Home Evening treat, and our friends who came by for Family Home Evening each went home with a couple of boxes, and as a family home evening activity we put them on plates, and took them around to neighbors (Who, I'm sure, already ordered their fair share of cookies themselves.) Ethan took a few boxes to school to share with his class, and Adia will do the same tomorrow. Anyway, with all of that we still have several more boxes. I am just going to send them up to Wyoming with Troy next week, and I'm sure that 13 grown men can make short work of those cookies. But in the mean time, if a thin mint sounds good to you, come on by for a visit!:)

6 comments:

  1. Save me one of each I am on my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright Stacy,
    I'll be waiting for you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow got cookies. :) We'll take some off your hand if you'd like. we usually buy some but for some reason we missed out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no visits from the girl scouts. I guess I will have to go to walmart or the grocery store and buy my boxes! BUT if you want... I will take a box of each. Honestly, we usually get 10 boxes of thin mints and put in the freezer... so in August when we want a thin mint...you can have one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We didn't have any girl scouts come by this year either. Darn it!

    But you should check the internet - I've heard there are some great recipes for desserts using girl scout cookies. The other day I heard about a yummy thin mint pie - sounded divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE thin mints, but alas, I cannot come for a visit. . . Plane ticket/thin mint. . .Hmmm. :(

    ReplyDelete