Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cleaning the dishes.

Tonight we were making chocolate nut clusters. After we were done stiring and had put the chocolates in the molds Ethan and Adia were liking the spoons and eating the leftover chocolate from the bowl. When he was done Ethan went over to the silverware drawer and dropped the spoon he was holding right in. I asked him what he thought he was doing, and he answered "putting my dishes away." When I explained that you had to wash the dishes before you put them away he answered "I did wash it with my mouth. My mouth is very clean because I brush after every meal." Well I explained why that wasn't quite the way it works, and he seemed to understand, the only thing that has me worried is that it's Ethan's job to help with the dinner dishes. I wonder how many spit-polished dishes that went unnoticed. It makes me want to go back and wash all of the dishes in my entire kitchen just to be on the safe side...

2 comments:

  1. The dishwasher is ready when you are!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, and my family eats at your house all the time ;) You germaphobic mom, there are worse things, can't think of one now, but there are!

    ReplyDelete