Today out of the blue Ethan asked "Mom, why don't you take our picture anymore?" I laughed right out loud! Those of you who know me, know that I take millions of pictures. Every room in my house has several pictures, the walls are covered with pictures, about 98% of the photos in our house were taken by me, and I have to continually change them out because I have so many shots that I love, I don't have enough space to put them all at the same time. To say that I never take pictures of my kids is pretty much ridiculous. But I used to set up a backdrop and lighting or go outside while the lighting was perfect and shoot them until we were all tired and grumpy, and I haven't done that in a long time. I wasn't really prepared to do that today, I had most of my stuff packed away and didn't want to take the time to dig it all out, so I went into the room that had the best lighting and tacked a sleeping bag to the wall, and we did a makeshift photo shoot. Here are a few of my favorites. They aren't the best from an artistic standpoint, the lighting is terrible, but I love the love and happiness that radiates from them. Enjoy!

















That purple dress was one of my favorites for the girls. I had their photos taken in it. You make me want to take my girl's photos. As soon as that snow melts... I'm going outside to do the same thing!
ReplyDeleteI had never thought of using a sleeping bag - you're brillant! And the flower is fun too - where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteThese are great. Your kids are so cute. You have a great talent, Thanks for sharing these. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that picture! How do you set up the lighting and the backdrop? A black sheet? :)
ReplyDeleteEllie, for the backdrop I used a black sleeping bag, and for the lighting I just used natural light, and the macro setting on my camera. I have a few large sheets of canvas in different colors, and a few lights, but they are all packed in the attic, and I didn't want to pull them down for our little spir of the moment shoot. I have used sheets and lamps before, and tinfoil or a white poster board works well for reflectors. I just didn't want to take the time for that stuff either. Joanna, I got the flower at Michael's Craft. They have a selection of several colors, and I bought some pink and green ones to hang on Adia's wall, but Ethan felt left out that he wasn't getting a flower, and picked out the orange one for himself.
ReplyDelete