Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Butterfly Circus

I am really lucky in my life right now. I have the opportunity to work at a really amazing place with truly phenomenal people. My job is caring about people! Isn't that cool. We  help others, celebrate the strengths in the people we serve, and encourage our clients to find the beauty that is inside all of them.  I love the work we are doing. I love the person it is helping me become. Anyway, in this job I have the opportunity to attend a lot of conferences and  trainings, and a few weeks ago I was able to watch this movie as part of a training. Since then I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I think of it all the time in reference to myself, and to people around me who are facing some struggles right now. I think there are two things we can do when faced with a challenge. We can let it destroy us or we can let it shape us into something better. But either way we can't stay the same, we change one way or another. I love the message in this movie. It's about 20 minutes long, so it's an investment, but it is totally worth it. I'm not kidding, it is probably the best movie I've seen all year - and you know how many movies I watch. I hope you will take the time to watch it, you won't be sorry. And if you do, I would love to hear your reactions.





1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow! Katie that is beautiful. Thanks for being the kind of friend that can help us find our strenghts

    ReplyDelete