Tuesday, July 17, 2012

 This year for the Fuller Family Reunion we went to Palisade State Park. I didn't know where that was either before we went, but it's just a few miles away from Manti. It's a nice little place with a lake and a golf coarse, and it was a great place for a reunion. It was pretty low key. There wasn't much planned, but we just did our own thing, fished and canoed and swam and visited. It was really nice.


For my birthday we went to the Mormon Miracle Pageant on the temple hill in Manti. (okay, it wasn't really FOR my birthday, but it was on my birthday, so I'm counting it:)
I haven't been since I was a little girl, so it was fun to take my kids and let them experience it. Things have changed a lot since I was little. There are booths and bathrooms and a food court - and a lot of anti mormons which I didn't remember before. In fact, we sat down and had a really good discussion with a few of them while we were eating dinner. It wasn't a bible bash, they were very respectful and so were we, and I don't know how they felt at the end of it, but it strengthened my testimony a lot and made me grateful to have the fullness of the gospel in my life. I was also really proud of Ethan who was able to bare his testimony to some other, more abrasive people, and I was thankful for his courage and conviction:)
There were fires raging all around the area, and while my heart goes out to the people who were effected by the fires, it did make for some stunning sunsets.



I am not a water lover, and while I did go out in the canoes once, and also went swimming, I was grateful to my dad and Sean for taking my kids out on the lake any time they wanted to go.

It was a really great time, and as always I loved getting to visit with my family. Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment