Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year Triumphs!

Tomorrow I am going to review our family theme and goals from 2011 and tell you how we did, but today I am taking a challenge from my friend Cheri (I call her my friend, but really we don't know each other. I love technology for that reason, some of my favorite people I "met" online. Still not ready for online dating though, so keep THAT idea to yourself for a few more years - Stacy and Jenny that sentence was for you! :) She blogs at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar, and does a super fun Wake Up Wednesday that is my favorite thing ever. If you've never checked out her blog you should totally do it. She's a very sincere, very kind person, and she has tons of talent in EVERYTHING she does. (In fact she's a singer too, and her song Typical Girl is on my playlist - check it out. )
ANYWAY...

Her wakeup wednesday challenge for the week is to recognize three victories you had this year. I'm working on self esteem lately, so I thought this would be a good one for me. Here goes...
1. This year I was brave. We were living very comfortably with my parents after our divorce. I didn't have to pay rent, I had a built in babysitter, I only had to cook dinner every other night. Life was good. Things were going great... and then Ethan graduated from the elementary school in La Sal. (Is it wrong to admit that a tiny part of me wanted him to be held back for a couple of years? I'm kidding... mostly) When you are in 4th grade and live in La Sal you have to start making the trek to Monticello (an hour long bus ride) every morning for school. We pretty much knew that would be a disaster, so we decided that we should move to Monticello. For several reasons this was a hard thing to do. (Not the least of which was moving into the Ex-in-law's ward!!!) It took a lot of courage to go out on our own, to live by our selves and face sometimes mean people and uncomfortable situations. But we did it, and it proved to be a great thing for Ethan, and it's getting easier for all of us.
2. I got a 4.0 last semester! That is no easy thing given all the other responsibilities I have, but I managed it even though it was the toughest semester I've had yet.
3. Ethan got all A's and B's on every report card for the entire year! I know, technically that is Ethan's triumph, not mine. But anyone who has a child with special needs knows that any triumph for them is a triumph for everyone in their life. It took a lot of work, but he did it.

So that's it. What were your triumphs during the last year?

2 comments:

  1. I know it was arough year for you, but those are great achievements despite the crap! I am proud of our little bee hive we started this year and the possibilites this has for our family...a fun hobby but also extra money. I am grateful I started running again and ran a 5k and found a passion in running. Hope this is a great year for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - Those are all HUGE, AWESOME things. You should be really proud of yourself. I really appreciate your support of the Wake Up Wednesday series. I am always impressed with your experiences and honest heart. You are amazing.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete