Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy, happy birthday Ethan and Adia dears!

Well, just like it does every year, it came. Yup. The BIG Birthday! No, not mine, Ethan's... AND Adia's... the same day. It's a big deal, around here, and this year was no exception.We started out the festivities of Friday night with a movie night theme for Ethan. (am I really old enough to have a NINE year old? ...well, unfortunately, yes. Yes I am.) I made a cake to resemble a bucket of popcorn. I'm not much of a cake decorator, but it turned out pretty cute anyway. The kids made pizza and had boxes of popcorn and candy, and cups of soda, while watching a movie. It went well, lasted a couple of hours, and then it was time to send everyone home. Perfect!


When it was time to take down the decorations, Ethan tied a bunch of balloons together and made a "balloon outfit" and ran around the house for a couple of hours, wearing it until he realized that he couldn't sit down without popping, and it wasn't fun anymore.



Then next morning we woke up bright and early to celebrate the actual birthday. The kids opened presents and ate the breakfast of their choice - Ice cream of course! Then we got ready for Adia's fancy formal tea party. It was a brunch with lots of yummy goodies, an impromptu make over, a rock concert, and lot's of other "fancy stuff" It only lasted an hour and a half (really three hours because one dad forgot to come pick up his fancy young partier) and then life quieted down a bit. The kids spent the afternoon playing with presents. Then Great Grandma and Grandpa Fuller came by and there were more presents and cake eating, then more playing, then more present opening, then bed. The next day we went to Great GM&GP Fuller's house for a Make-your-own-pizza-party and MORE presents and MORE cake with cousins (I love having so much family around to love my kids) and then it was home for a nap. Pretty much the best birthday EVER if you ask me.
Fancy party favors


The fancy finger foods

The makeovers


Striking a pose

Blowing out the candles because "every fancy lady needs a turn at a birthday wish!"






And these are just the most handsome, most adorable cupcake eater the world has ever seen.



2 comments:

  1. You TOTALLY amaze me!!! Here I say my kids are making cards... and then they didn't finish them. Now I feel terrible. Happy (late) birthday kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that popcorn cake and the theme night---adorable:)

    ReplyDelete