
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Eagles!
We were driving home from family dinner at my Grandma's today, and just across the road from our house, in a big group of trees there sat two beautiful bald eagles! They have lived there off and on for a few years now, and we have seen them several times lately. I can hear them squawking (do eagles squawk? That's what it sounds like, but it seems kind of an unflattering reference for such a majestic bird...) when I walk the kids to the bus stop every morning. I have been meaning to get a picture, but never have my camera, or the time to go get it. But today is Sunday, and Sundays are days for taking time for things like this, (plus my dad wants me to love living here, and taking pictures again, so he always makes me take pictures of spectacular things that we see, and then each time we look at the picture he says "see, and this was taken five minutes from the house! Aren't you lucky to live here?" And I am:) so we ran into the house and grabbed the camera with the "fancy lens" and went to capture the moment. We got a few pretty nice ones. And this was just taken "right out the front door! Aren't I lucky to live here?":)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My kids love Bald eagles and ran to see your pretty pictures:) I do wish I lived there:)
ReplyDelete