Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A day trip.


A few weeks ago the kids had a day off of school, so we went to find an adventure. We stopped by and picked up my sister and niece along the way, grabbed some lunch at McDonald's and headed to the river. A few years ago they redid the bridge where the road crosses the river, and also made a really beautiful walking bridge there as well. Kalista likes to take pockets full of rocks up there and plop them into the river, so that was our first stop. 
This is the bridge that the highway crosses on.
I love how pretty and green the water was that day. The river is always changing, and I love that.


Kalista smiling as she gets another hand full of rocks to plop. See, she really does love it. 


I love this picture, she and my mom are best friends, and they are always together.

More plopping
My kids attempting to be cute, but really they were freezing so I never could get a good shot of them. The wind was really picking up and a storm looked like it was moving in, so we got in the car and went for a drive as we ate lunch. 

More examples of my drive by tourism. This is taken out of the car window as we drove up the river road. (I wasn't driving this time though:)
We ended up going to Fisher Tower. We got out and I thought we would hike around a little, but instead the kids got out, Kalista plopped a few more rocks into the stream that was running nearby, and they all piled back in the car to head home. Sometimes the kids just aren't as into the adventure as the moms are. But that's alright, it was a fun drive anyway, and a fun day spent with some of my very favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment