Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Welcome To Our White Trash Apartment.

After the White Trash Party post I had several requests to show the actual white trash apartment. So I have constructed a little tour. You may or may not want to come along. The original tour would have taken about 6 seconds because you can basically see the entire apartment as soon as you walk through the door. But you have to know that I couldn't leave it at that, so here is a peek at my favorite parts. So WELCOME... (but don't look at the mess, we actually live here now...:)


The front door.


What? Is that darling wreath made from pages from my awful, horrid , but super cute vintage looking statistics book? Why, yes, in fact it is! I told myself that if I passed the class I would make something fantastic out of the book, so I did. And there is another project in the works. I'm making one of those books with the secret compartment inside. You know, like where people hide their valuables, or booze? Only I think I'm going to put chocolate in it, which is almost like a combination of both, right?:)


So here's the living room...

And my favorite picture wall...


And this is the tiny kitchen. And the super classy table and chairs. The apartment is a handicapped unit. That's all they had available. So the down side is that the kitchen is a little smaller in order to make the bathroom larger, and there is a little less cupboard space. The up side is that all of the cupboards are really low, which is perfect for a shorty like me. I can reach every single shelf, and I love it!
I love this sign. I think it fits up perfectly.


I also have this sign hanging up in the kitchen. Thanks to my friend Cheri for the inspiration.


This is the bathroom. Remember the handicapped issue? The upside is that the bathroom is bigger, the down side is that there is NO storage. Not one. single. bit. I bought a couple of storage units to put inside, and it works, but it isn't super efficient. Oh well, it isn't forever, just for a year or so...

I did the bathroom in a brown and green color scheme, and it's beautiful.
I absolutely love these pictures. I took them this spring, of the Brigham City Tabernacle, and did them in a brown tone. They set off the brown in the bathroom perfectly. I love it.

The "hallway" has some funky pictures I love.

The kids have to share a room, and I was trying to find a good theme that would fit for girl or boy. Finally we decided on a super hero theme. It's still a work in progress, but we got off to a great start with these super cute capes made by my darling Aunt Kathy, who I LOVE!. They are reversible and can be either Super Man/Girl or Bat Mat/Girl. (it depends on the mood and the wardrobe which one they pick:)
They also picked out their own personal super hero names, which I cut out in vinyl and put it over their beds. I have some other things up my sleeve, but that's all for now.

Finally there is my bedroom. It is done in Blue and Red, and I love it.

I love this fun crazy wall. It really adds some interest to the room.
And I love this quote
This is a fun lamp I made. Thanks for the inspiration from my friend Mandy.

And that's the end of our tour. Thank you for joining me. Any tips, I would love to hear them. If you're ver in my area stop by for a visit. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Not trashy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lurve your "white trash" living abode. Looks like a pretty wonderful place to me. What wonderful decorating ideas you have. I love you so much and miss you tons. Have a fantastic day sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done great with the space! I lived in #9 for a year and it was an ok place to be, I made some great friends over there. I love the pictures on the walls, I never felt at home there, and maybe its because I never got around to hanging anything up or decorating in any fashion, then again, I've been living in this house for 2 years and just barely put some decor on the walls in the living room, its a work in progress thats for sure. I love getting inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete