Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa's Other Name

The other day as we were driving Adia asked, "Mom, do you know Santa's other name?"
"Clause?"
"No, the other one."
"St. Nicholas?"
"No, the other one."
"Father Christmas?"
" No! The OTHER one!"
This continued for a while as I racked my brain searching for the name she might be thinking of. When I was finally out of ideas I said "Adia, I don't know Santa's other name, could you just tell me please?"
She answered "Lane"
Lane is my dad's name, so worrying that she might know something a 4 year old shouldn't, said, "I didn't know his name was Lane"
"Well mom, haven't you ever heard that song 'here comes Santa Clause, here comes Santa Clause, Here comes Santa Clause Lane.'"
Oh, of course how could I not have known that?:)

2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing I have ever heard! Isn't it so funny what kids pick up on. Are you guys going to La Sal for Christmas? I loved your Christmas card. You guys look so good!

    ReplyDelete